Course and event schedule
Sunday 3 March 2019
Cultural Forecourt, South Bank, Brisbane
Look for the sea of pink near the Wheel of Brisbane for the Event Precinct
The first event category starts at 6.00 am. Check out Categories and Waves for all wave times.
Run or walk the 5 km course or 10 km course. Download the course map here.
Please note: Due to delayed infrastructure works outside of our control, the 5 km course has had to be altered, and will now technically be a length of 4.9 km. The course map here is updated, however the course map in your handbook is now out of date. We sincerely apologise for this change and any impact this may have on your Fun Run experience.
Run or Walk?
When registering you will need to let us know if you will be running or walking either the 5 km or 10 km course. This is so we can ensure you are in the right wave and have the right start time.
Run: For seasoned runners through to first timers. There are two running waves for both the 5 km and 10 km distance, so don’t worry, you don’t have to keep pace with the really speedy people unless you want to! During the registration process you will be asked if you will be running under or over 6.30/km pace. This determines which wave you will be running in and which bib colour you will receive. Runner’s Race Bib will have a timing chip so you'll be able to look up your time after the event.
Top tip: 6.30/km pace is someone who can complete a 5 km in 30 minutes or a 10 km in 1 hour.
Walk: This category is for people who want to walk the whole course (or most of it) while taking in the beautiful Brisbane City views and enjoying all of the fun along the way. Walkers will not be timed.
Early bird entries cut off: Midnight Friday 8 February 2019
rebel race kit postage cut off: Midnight Friday 8 February 2019
Online entries close: 5 pm Wednesday 27 February unless sold out prior.
rebel race kit pick up: If you registered after Friday 8 February, or chose not to have your kit posted to you, you can pick up your rebel race kit from the Event precinct (near the Wheel of Brisbane) during the following times:
- 8.30 am to 1 pm Saturday 2 March 2019
- 5.15 am to 6.30 am Sunday 3 March 2019
Event: Saturday 3 March 2019
Categories and Waves
Elite runner, sometimes jogger or Sunday stroller—we have a category for everyone! Check out the categories below and select the one that best suits your running or walking abilities when you register.
Want your run to be timed so you can record your PB? Make sure you pick one of the running categories when you register so you receive a timing chip. You can also select to have your race time sent to you via SMS for a small fee when registering. Please make sure your mobile number is correct and included in your registration
6.30/km pace or under
complete course in under 1 hour
Over 6.30/km pace
complete course in over 1 hour
6.30/km pace or under
complete course in 30 mins
Over 6.30/km pace
complete course in over 30 mins
* If you are an elite wheelchair athlete please contact the team on 1800 440 155 so that we can ensure you are in the appropriate category. All other wheelchair participants are encouraged to enter either the ORANGE or PINK zones.
Before midnight 8/2/2019
Before midnight 22/2/2019
Before midnight 27/2/2019
5 km Walker
up to $36
up to $42
up to $50
5 km Runner
up to $41
up to $47
up to $55
10 km Walker
up to $41
up to $47
up to $55
10 km Runner
up to $46
up to $52
up to $60
*Entry fees above apply to all individual and team entries. If you’re bringing children in prams or strollers you won’t need to register them and they can join you on the course for free. Children over 3 years of age will need to be registered.
SMS Race Times
Runners you can select to have your race time sent to you via SMS on event day for a small fee when registering. Please make sure your mobile number is correct and included in your registration. Event results for all place-getters will be announced at the presentation ceremony on the day of the event and names will be up in lights on the website within 24 hours.
Update: Race times now available here!
Your rebel race kit
Your rebel race kit includes your race bib, race day information and RACQ International Women's Day Fun Run t-shirt.
Registered on/before 8 February
Your rebel race kit will be posted to you (unless otherwise specified). Please be aware race kits will be posted in two waves based on when you registered.
Your race kit will be delivered by Thursday 28 February 2019. If you haven’t received your rebel race kit by this date, please call us on 1800 440 155.
Registered after 8 February
You will need to collect you rebel Race Kit from South Bank (near the Wheel of Brisbane) before the event on:
Saturday 2 March, 8.30 am–1 pm
Sunday 3 March, 5.30 am–8 am
*Please note: because we’ve had to pre-order t-shirts, we’ll try our best to send you the t-shirt size you requested. If your size has sold out, we’ll send you the next available option.
National Storage baggage tent
The National Storage baggage tent will be available during the event. If you want to store your bags in the baggage tent, please consider the following:
- Please store items in a bag that closes, so your baggage tag can be secured onto it.
- To collect or access your bag, you must show the volunteers your event bib.
- Please note: event organisers advise against leaving valuables or money in the baggage tent and cannot take responsibility for damage and/or theft of any items left in the baggage tent during the event.
- Please do not bring large or heavy bags—space is limited.
We want the event to be fun and safe for everybody. Please ensure you follow the below safety procedures:
- Bikes or scooters are not permitted to be used on course
- Please listen for announcements from the main stage
- Please only go to the start line when directed by officials
- Walkers are to remain behind the runners to allow them an unobstructed start
- Runners with strollers should assemble at the back of their designated zone (check out the precinct signage if you’re not sure where to go). Marshals will also be around on the day to direct you to the correct assembly zone
- Keep LEFT at all times unless passing
- Runners who find they need to stop or walk, please move to the left and be mindful of other participants running behind you
- Please follow the instructions of event officials
- For your safety, we strongly recommend headphones are not worn during the event so you can hear and fully understand all special instructions and announcements
- First aid will be located on site and along the course.